Appreciation of Excavation Safety
- Understand general and specific legislation and guidance pertaining to excavation, construction and groundworks. Examples are: HSWA 1974, CDM 2015, HSG150, HSGG 47, Work at Height Regs 2015, PUWER 1998, Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, EUSMUNC07, EUSGNC007, COSVR370
- Recognise when and why excavation support should be employed and the specific safety and shoring systems to prevent near misses, accidents, injuries and/or fatalities on-site
- Distinguish between good and bad practices via increased education in this specialist area
- Identify ground/soil types and changeable conditions faced on-site, including dealing with water
- Carry out or interpret Risk Assessments, Permits & Temporary Works Designs
- EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card
- Groundforce Training Certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
- Delegates receive a personal copy of our excavation learners' notes for reference
- This course can be delivered with your companies specific risk assesment(s), procedure(s) and permit(s) to work and will maintain the EUSR accreditation
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, Supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee excavation activities. It is highly recommended that those who physically install, inspect and/or remove shoring systems or require a more in-depth knowledge of excavation safety, attend the appropriate 'live' dig practical training course(s).
Please wait, loading course dates...