SPA/UKPIA Petrol Retail Contractor Safety Passport Training
Petrol forecourt activities pose a diverse range of potential safety and health risks. It’s important that all staff and contractors, from fuel delivery contractors to food handlers, possess the necessary knowledge to protect themselves when operating within a petrol retail environment.
The learning achieved through completion of the two day Safety Pass Alliance (SPA) course is of paramount importance within the petrol retail industry.
The course(s) can accommodate up to 20 delegates per day over 2 days.
- Provide contractors, operators and supervisors with the best working practices for the petrol retail environment
- Increase awareness of the tangible and real risks of carrying out work on a petrol forecourt, especially as a contractor
- Specification of the risks associated with petrol retail contacting activities with coverage of procedures for specific tasks for various job roles
Core Day (Day 1):
Petrol Retail Day (Day 2):
- Hazards on a petrol forecourt – Hazardous zones
- Controlling work on a forecourt – procedures, task classification and required documentation
- Safe working practices
- Case studies
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who carries out work or manages work on a petrol forecourt. Typically contractors carrying out construction/refurbishment, maintenance or installations on a petrol forecourt. This could include anyone who oversees, manages, signs off on or requires the knowledge of the diverse safety risks of petrol forecourts.
- Official letter upon successfully passing course, provided at end of course by instructor
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to SPA card)
- SPA Safety Passport Photo ID Card with modules completed shown on back of the card
- This specialist course can be delivered at one of our nationwide training centres or on your site.
- No pre-course preparation is required.
- Exemptions are available, at present, for the core day if the delegate holds certain recognised Health & Safety qualification. The Safety Passport Alliance (SPA) have a number of exemptions from Day 1 of this course. Delegates who have completed and passed the following training courses and have 3 months or more remaining on their evidence of exemption do not need to attend the SPA passport scheme Core training day 1. The list for an exemption from Day 1 (Core Training) is as follows:
- IOSH Working Safely (Not valid if E-learning)
- CCNSG Passport to Safety
- IOSH Managing Safely (Not valid if E-learning)
- IOSH Supervising Safely (Not valid if E-learning)
- NEBOSH Certificate
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CIEH Basic Health and Safety (replaced by Level 2)
- FÁS Safe Pass
- ADT H&S module
- Nebosh Diploma
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) 1
- CITB – Site Safety for Shopfitters and Interior Contractors
- Rentokill SHE Training module