EUSR Category 2 - Implement Safe (Digging) Excavating Practices
About EUSR Category 2: Implement Safe (Digging) Excavating Practices
This safety critical course includes both theoretical and practical assessments in order to increase the knowledge required for those working to safely excavate and maintain holes and trenches using both hand tools and hand held power tools. Often referred to as Safe Digging Practices, our instruction goes beyond traditional ‘in-house' sessions and is mapped to both EUSR and National Occupational Standards.
The one day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Understand general and specific legislation and guidance pertaining to excavation, construction and groundworks. Examples are: HSWA 1974, CDM 2015, HSG150, HSGG 47, Work at Height Regs 2015, PUWER 1998, Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, EUSMUNC07, EUSGNC007 & COSVR370
- Distinguish between good and bad practices via increased education in this specialist area
- Identify ground/soil types and changeable conditions faced on-site
- Carry out or interpret Risk Assessment and Permits to Work
- Implement safe digging practices through hand digging techniques
Who will benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who want to implement safe digging and excavating practices in order to mitigate risk.
- Delegates receive a personal copy of our excavation learners notes for reference
- This can be delivered with your companies specific risk assessment(s), procedure(s), and permit(s) to work and will maintain the EUSR accreditation
- EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card
- Groundforce Training certificate of attendance (in addition to EUSR card)
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...