CITB Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
The CITB – Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme is an industry recognised Site Safety Plus (SSP) qualification designed to provide individuals with an understanding, relevant to work activities, of their legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environment. The SSSTS course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
This is a highly interactive training course delivered via case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
The two day course can accommodate up to 20 delegates per day.
This course is currently available as a virtual course up to 10 delegates, to attend the course delegates must have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone that uses a microphone and webcam.
- Discuss specific site challenges that present opportunities for learning on a daily basis
- Explore the wide-range of duties of employers and the responsibilities of employees under the Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) 1974
- Identify and discuss ‘toolbox talks’
- Importance of supervising occupational health
- Define and discuss behavioural safety
Who should attend?
- Site Supervisors or those who are about to acquire a Site Supervisors position
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites
Site Safety Plus (SSP)
The Site Safety Plus (SSP) suite of courses provides the building, civil engineering and allied industries with a range of courses for people seeking to develop skills in this area. Site Safety Plus (SSP) courses are designed to give everyone, from operative to senior manager, the skills they need to progress through the industry.
Courses range from the one-day Health and Safety Awareness (HSA) course to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS). There are also refresher courses to ensure workers are keeping up to date with the latest practices and site safety techniques.
- CITB Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate valid for 5 years
We also offer
Site Safety Plus - Health & Safety Awareness (1 day course)
Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (1 day course)
SSSTS Refresher (1 day course)
SMSTS Refresher (2 day course)
Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC) (1 day course)
Directors Role for Health & Safety (1 day course)