EUSR 3, 4 & 5 - Plus Excavation Rescue
About EUSR 3, 4 & 5 - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Shoring Systems Plus Excavation Rescue
This safety critical course provides delegates with the necessary instruction to install, inspect and remove a variety of shoring systems with the added knowledge and skills necessary to rescue a casualty from open excavations. The course has been designed to cover current legislation and guidance including the HSE's HSG150, HSG47, L101
Learners will become familiarised with the component parts, assembly and use of davit arm systems on trench boxes and sheet piles. Further guidance is provided on the safe use of stretchers and harnesses in accordance with this specific activity.
The three day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
- Execute the safe installation, removal and inspection of timber, steel and proprietary shoring systems
- Duties of rescuers
- Be able to safely install, use and remove davit arm systems
- Interpret specific temporary design works
Who Will Benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations. If you physically install, inspect or remove shoring systems and haven't had any formal training, this course is essential to minimise risk to yourself and those around you. Furthermore, this course benefits those who need to understand how to execute a rescue plan within open excavations.
- EUSR photo id card with excavation qualifications stated on back of card
- Groundforce Training Certificate of attendance ( in addition to EUSR card)
- 'Rescue' qualification will be a Groundforce 'in house qualification
Claim £120 per person from this course.
Read more on how you can claim CITB levy here.
*Be aware that your browser must be set to UK to display correct dates*Card Payment Only*
Please wait, loading course dates...