City & Guilds 6150-61 Managing Work in Confined Space
This safety course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards and provides those who need to plan, organise and manage confined spaces with an in-depth understanding of how to do so. This instruction includes the requirements within law, associated legislation, and the necessary specialist equipment needs. Ultimately, this course is designed for managers that are responsible for organising and planning the activities within a confined space. The individual manager may or may not supervise the actual job. The manager must not enter the confined space.
The four day course can accommodate up to 10 delegates per day.
- Legislation and dangers associated with Confined Spaces/Hazardous Areas
- Recognition of Confined Spaces NC1, NC2, NC3 & NC4
- Safe Systems of Work, Work Permits and Risk Assessments
- Emergency procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of confined space management
- Must have previous theoretical knowledge of confined space work/management
- Must pass a pre-course exam
- Must be able to create a full Safe System of Work on two ‘live’ confined spaces
- Must have the ability to audit and review company documentation
Course Recommendations (not required)
- City & Guilds 6150 02 Medium Risk, High Risk C&G 6150 03 & C&G Rescue 05
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Nebosh General Certificate
Who Will Benefit?
Managers that are responsible for organising and planning the activities within a confined space and want to achieve the industry recognised City & Guilds management qualification.